{planning} 2015 List Making: Decorating and Organizing Plans for the New Year

Are you a list maker? I am! I use the Reminders app on my iPhone to make lists for everything in my life, from shopping lists and general to dos, to lists of future projects and plans for each room of our home.

We spent last week enjoying lots of family time in the mountains, and on the way home we got stuck in traffic. Rather than being frustrated by the delay, Scott and I used the time {while the kids gloriously slept in the backseat} to review our project lists for each room of our house - checking off items that we completed this last year {is there any better feeling?!} and, of course, adding new items. These lists are LONG and realistically it will take years to complete all those projects {if we ever do}, but the new year seems like the perfect time to prioritize those lists and set some goals for projects we hope to complete in 2015. And for some added accountability, I thought I'd share that list here! Come year end, I'll take a look back and see how much we managed to accomplish.



But First... Celebating Our 2014 Accomplishments! But before embarking on my master list of projects I hope to accomplish in 2015, I thought I'd take a moment to celebrate just a few of the major projects that we completed in 2014. At the top of that list, we created an uber cool, menswear inspired "little gentleman's lounge" bedroom for our now three year old son, and gave our master bedroom a modern metro makeover. On the organizing side of things, I finally, finally, got our pantry in order and shared the reveal photos as a guest post on another blog. After almost a year, the pantry system is still working just as well as on day one, so I'll be sharing the full pantry tour and my top pantry tips on this blog very soon! I also managed to tackle one of the most neglected spots in our home - under our kitchen sink. That space went from a black hole to a space that is both functional and pretty, and it's really improved our lives so much!

On the personal side, in 2014 we celebrated Beckett's second birthday with a big Sesame Street party {which went off without a hitch the on the second try after a lot of drama the first time around}, and we celebrated Cooper's first birthday with a fun Mustache Bash! Not one, but two of Scott's brothers got married in the month of August, and I had the honor of hosting a fun Stock the Kitchen themed wedding shower for one of my new sister-in-laws. And last, but certainly not least, Scott and I checked a huge trip off of our bucket list - an African safari! I shared a few details about that trip here and here, but we still need to make time to go through all of our photos from that trip, and once we do I'll share a full trip report here!

And Now... Let's Talk Plans for 2015! I have a lot planned for 2015 in every area of my life, from personal and family to this blog - but for now, let's just talk about the major decorating and organizing projects on my list.

Decorating Projects & Updates



Major Organizing Projects


Phew! Those are long lists...and they don't even begin to address all of the craft and DIY projects I've been dreaming up. The year always feels long in January, but I know it will fly by. I realize that life may get in the way of accomplishing all of these projects as the months go on, but it helps me to have a list to come back to set priorities and track my progress. What projects are top on your list for 2015?

Labels: , , ,