{decorating with style} Get Cozy with Non-Traditional Fall Colors: Part 2

A couple of weeks ago, I shared one of my favorite five minute decorating tips - the seasonal pillow swap. A few new pillows and a few rearranged accessories, and you have a totally refreshed room. I enjoy making simple decor changes for each season throughout the year, but until recently, fall was the one season I shied away from because traditional fall colors just don't jive with the style of my home. Then I realized that I was simply thinking too literally, and that by stepping outside the box, I could bring the feel of fall into my home without being limited by the traditional autumn colors.

Last year I came up with 10 non-traditional fall color palettes, and used two of them in my fall home tour - one in the living room, and a slightly different one in the kitchen. My color palette post turned out to be pretty popular, so this year I decided to do a little online shopping to help inspire you to bring the coziness of fall into your home as well - no matter the colors or style of your home. So, thanks for giving me an excuse to shop! 


Non-Traditional Fall Color Palettes


I have create a mood board for each of my 10 fall color palettes. I share the first five non-traditional fall color palette mood boards last week, and today I'm back with the final five. 

I kept these mood boards pretty simple - pillows and blankets, baskets and trays, and small accessories - because these are the types of items that make it quick and easy to change up your seasonal decor without spending a lot of time or money. While the colors may not be those traditionally associated with fall, I think these mood boards will help you see that you can achieve a cozy feeling of fall in just about any color palette by selecting textures and patterns appropriate for the season. Even if none of these are right for you, I hope you'll feel inspired to be creative and bring some fall into your home on your own terms!

Below each color palette and mood board, you'll find the source list for the included items.

Green and Blue Fall Color Mood Board
SOURCES: Metallic Candle Holders {Crate & Barrel}Centerpiece Bowl {Crate & Barrel}Jute Storage Basket {H&M}Green Circle Pillow {CB2} | Navy Studded Pillow {West Elm} | Green Shag Pillow {Target}

Coral, Orange and Gray Fall Color Mood Board
SOURCES: Leaf Hurricane Candle Holders {Crate & Barrel}Rubber Coated Vase {CB2} | Gray & Orange Throw {CB2} | Flower Pillow {Crate & Barrel} | Medallion Pillow {Crate & Barrel}Embroidered Pillow {CB2}

Orange Teal and Purple Fall Color Mood Board
SOURCES: Handmade Spheres {World Market} | Orange Bowl {Crate & Barrel} | Teal & Orange Medallion Pillow {Target}Orange Basketweave Throw {Target} | Teal Diamond Pillow {H&M}Fall Leaf Pillow {Target}Purple Leather Pillow {Wayfair} |

Navy and Gray Fall Color Mood Board
SOURCES: Blue Vase {Shop.com} | Black & White Ceramic Vase {H&M} | Dash Ceramic Vase {West Elm} | Birch Branches {Crate & Barrel}Navy Plaid Blanket {H&M} | Gray Felt Basket {H&M}Gray & Silver Pillow {CB2} | Blue Ombre Pillow {West Elm} | Gray Scroll Pillow {West Elm}

Yellow, Orange and Teal Fall Color Mood Board
SOURCES: Gold & Teal Drip Vases {Pier 1 Imports} | Bronze Candlestick {H&M} | Orange Plaid Throw {West Elm}Bronze Basket {H&M} | Studded Yellow Velvet Pillow {West Elm} | Multi-Color Pillow {Crate & Barrel}Teal Knit Pillow {CB2}


Let's get social!   
Image HTML map generator

Linked up at Remodelaholic

Labels: , , , , , , , ,