{five minute friday} Gilded Knife Block

Hello Blue i Style readers! I hope you're having a happy Friday!
I'm thrilled Angela asked me to be here with you guys today to bring you a easy way to spice up a boring kitchen necessity!


Many of us have these giant knife blocks in our homes, right? They can be a a great tool if you want to keep your sharp knives out of drawers so little fingers don't get hurt when they go digging! But let's be real...they aren't the most attractive item that makes a home on your kitchen counter!
Well, it was one of those kind of days when I was armed with my favorite gold spray paint looking for victims. The knife block was the first thing I laid eyes on and it was no match for my
desire for constant changeimagination.
I slapped some painters tape on this baby in a funky, plaid-like pattern, and got to spraying!




I peeled the tape of before the paint was completely dry so the lines would be crisp and voila! This is definitely a five minute update that you can tackle any day of the week!
There was a logo from our local grocery store on the knife block so I threw a chalkboard label on top of it to cover it up.


What do you guys think? Will you attempt this at home :)
My paper towel holder, wine glasses and glass ornaments may have been victims to the gold as well!

Thanks so much for hanging out with me today and I'd love for you to stop by the blog sometime and check out more of my easy, budget friendly projects like my paint can herb garden, DIY upholstered office chair, and pallet and sawhorse desk!
IMG_4810

Thanks for having me Angela and have a great weekend friends!
siggy

Labels: , , ,