{NEW} Five Minute Friday!

TGIF! I have a big announcement today that I am very excited about! So without further ado, let me introduce you to a new weekly feature on the blog that I am calling Five Minute Friday!

I am always working on big projects around our house, whether they be decorating a room or organizing an entire closet. At the same time, however, there are just as many little projects that get done while my kids are eating lunch or while I'm chatting on the phone, and often times I struggle with whether those projects are "blog worthy." The truth is, though, that these quick projects often have a big impact on how we live in and enjoy our home.

Over the course of the past year, I have, on occasion, written posts about a few these smaller projects, and I have always been surprised by how popular they are! But when I really stop and think about it - I guess it's not so surprising after all. When I read other blogs, I enjoy seeing beautiful rooms, perfectly organized spaces, and impressive DIYs, but I am most likely to be inspired to actually undertake those projects that are quick and easy. So it makes sense that you {my readers} might feel the same.

With that in mind, each Friday I will bring you a five minute project. Just like the rest of the things I blog about, the topics will range from decor to organizing, and from DIY to entertaining, but one thing they will all have in common is that they will be fun and fast!

I already have some great things in the works that I can't wait to share with you beginning next week, but today I wanted to kick off Five Minute Friday with a roundup of some of the five minute projects that have already appeared on the blog.


-1- Washi Tape Striped Bathroom Canisters 
-2- Belted Lampshade
-3- Labeled Mailbox
-4- Swapping Out Coffee Table Art Books for Kid Friendly Versions
-5- Using Cabinet Pulls to Organize Scarves
-6- Painted House Numbers 
-7- Color Coded Nail Polish Organization
-8- Coupon & Gift Card Organization
-9- Utilizing the Inside of a Cabinet Door
-10- Displaying Flowers in Outdoor Lanterns
-11- Painted Doorbell
-12- Organizing Baby Bottles
-13- Installing a Wireless Doorbell Extender
-14- Duct Tape Bottle Wrappers
-15- Framed Wedding Invitation
-16- Washi Tape Shelf Labels

Ok, so whose excited about Five Minute Friday?! I know I am! 

But wait, there's more... I want you to get in on the action. If you have a great five minute project, I want to share it with my readers! Please email me at blueistyleblog (at) gmail (dot) com if you'd like to be considered for a Five Minute Friday feature.


Labels: