{One Room Challenge} Week 5 Update

Week 5 of the One Room Challenge has come and gone! That means that next week is THE week, and I don't know if I am more excited to share my room, or to see all of the other amazing rooms being completed by others. Ok, let's be real...what I am most excited about is finally getting some sleep!


If you are new here, let me catch you up with a quick overview. In just six weeks time, I am completing a new bedroom for my two year old son, and the plan is a vintage preppy vibe with lots of menswear inspired elements.

If you'd like to start from the beginning and read my prior One Room Challenge updates here:
Week 1 {including the full details of the plan} |  Week 2  |  Week 3 | Week 4

Last week, I revealed a MAJOR part of the room - the completed argyle feature wall. I can't thank you all enough for the wonderfully kind comments you left me on that post. They totally made my day and my week!


The full tutorial on how to paint argyle is now up on the blog {and it's a novel}! I know not many of you will be specifically interested in painting your own argyle wall, but that post also includes a summary of my best painting tips that will answer your questions about how I got all of the lines so crisp and clean! Even if you are just interested in how to get a nice, even paint line along ceilings or baseboards, you are going to want to check out the tips in that post!

Now on to my Week 5 update. This week I've started to incorporate many of the menswear elements into the design, including these belts and all of these ties:


You are going to have to wait until next week to see how these elements come together in the room, but here are a couple of sneak peeks...




With just one week left, I am feeling like I am so close, and yet so far away. The list is definitely getting shorter, but the items that remain will take some time, and I still have a lot of styling to do.  Let's review the to do list so you can see where things stand:
I am feeling pretty confident that everything on this list will be done by this time next week, except maybe the cornice boards. They are already cut to length and stained, but I am still debating on whether to add a nail head detail or finish them in some other way, and by the time I make that decision, there likely won't be time left to get them completed and installed. But considering the length of the list I started with, if this is the only project that remains at the conclusion of week 6, I'll feel really great about all that I accomplished!

Please come back next week for the big reveal! I am SO excited about this space, and I promise that it will be worth a visit to check it out! 

There are so many amazing rooms coming together as part of the One Room Challenge, so please be sure to visit our gracious host, Calling it Home, to check out the Week 5 progress of all of the participants here and all of the link party participants here.

You can find all of my past One Room Challenge posts here:

FALL 2014 ONE ROOM CHALLENGE: Modern Metro Master Bedroom



SPRING 2014 ONE ROOM CHALLENGE: Vintage Preppy Little Man's Lounge





Labels: , , , , ,