{mom's style} Launching a New Feature!

Today I'm launching a new feature that I'm calling {mom's style} where, from time to time, I'll be sharing with you some of my mom's fabulous designs and projects.  As I mentioned last week, my mom and I have very different decorating styles (mine more modern and contemporary with lots of bright colors - hers featuring many more earth tones with carefully selected pops of color).

Let me start by introducing you to my mom, Debbie.  Can you see the resemblance?


I can't describe my mom's style as fitting into any one defined design category - rather I would say that she is adept at mixing a variety of styles to create very comfortable and inviting spaces.  She is a painter, a sewer, a crafter, a quilter, and an all around artist.  Every room she decorates features many personal touches - whether she's creating art and accessories from scratch, or simply adding unique personalization to store-bought items.

If you've been following my blog for a while now, then you've already seen some of the amazing things my mom has created for my boys and me, like the special shirt she made for Beckett's first birthday party and our wedding aisle runner turned pillow.  Our nursery is full of items that my mom custom made for us, including the wall-hanging quilt with the animal silhouettes that I drew, and which hangs above our crib, as well as the handmade elephant mobile.  She also custom made changing pad covers for both the nursery and the "armoire baby central" in our master bedroom.  And the baskets in the nursery closet are labeled with tags that my mom made from chalkboard fabric.  Thanks Mom!

I want to keep this blog a fun and interesting place with design inspiration of all types - not limited just to what I choose for my own home.  The addition of {mom's style} will bring that much needed variety.  

The first installment of {mom's style} will hit the blog tomorrow when you'll see the rustic chic powder room that she created at my parents' vacation home in Breckenridge.  In the meantime, check out the sneak peek that I shared last Friday while we were enjoying our Labor Day weekend in Breck.

Help me welcome my mom and be sure to come back tomorrow!

Labels: