{gifts with style} Wedding Photo Framed By Vows

This weekend, Scott and I will be celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary.  In honor of our upcoming anniversary, I want to share a few ideas for creating personalized home decor that celebrates wedding memories, starting today with a spin on a traditional framed photo.

Our wedding was a beautiful event, and we have lots of photos from that day displayed throughout our house.  But what I most want to remember from that day are the promises that Scott and I made to one another.  And that was exactly the inspiration behind the very special gift that I made for Scott five years ago when we celebrate our very first anniversary.


As our first anniversary approached, I knew that I wanted to create some kind of art work to commemorate our vows.  I played around with different options, and finally decided to use our vows to create a frame of sorts around a photo of us saying those vows.  Thanks to Brian Landis Folkins for the wonderful photo!


I used Photoshop to add a black border upon which I overlaid our vows.  The border ended up overlapping our dear Maid of Honor and Best Man, but I know they understand. :)  The font I used for the vows was the same font (Scriptina) that we used for our wedding invitations, and the same font in which our names and wedding date were printed on our aisle runner.


I wanted our vows to start and finish at the top of the picture, so I put our wedding date in the top center position to create a break between the beginning and end of the vows.  The biggest challenge, of course, was spacing out the words to fit just right all the away around the picture, but after some tweaking using the various text spacing tools in Photoshop, I was able to get a perfect fit.


Once the design work was done, I decided to print the finished product on canvas instead of photo paper because I like the way the texture of the canvas enhances the natural grain of the black and white photo.  I was very happy with the canvas printing company that I used - Quality Canvas Photos.  Since I wanted to select a formal frame suited to a wedding photo, I opted to order ao rolled canvas rather than a traditional stretched canvas.  This allowed me to take the rolled canvas to my favorite local frame shop to choose any frame I wanted.


The framed photo hangs just outside of our bedroom where we see it and are reminded daily of our wonderful wedding day and the vows we shared. 


And in case you were wondering, these were the vows we exchanged, which are as true today as they were six years ago...

Today as we begin our lives together in marriage,
I promise to give you the best of myself and to ask of you no more than you can give. 
I promise to bring joy, strength, and imagination to our relationship.
I promise to trust you and to respect you as your own person,
always remembering that your needs are no less important than my own. 
I promise to laugh with you and cry with you, to encourage you and inspire you.
I promise to grow old with you, and to always keep our relationship alive and exciting.
I promise to love you unconditionally.
Today I give you these things completely and forever.

Looking for more creative ways to incorporate your wedding and honeymoon momentos into your home decor? Check out these links:


Labels: , , , , ,